Yo, Check this out...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Tuxedo Question - Rent or Buy?

My best bud is getting married and was asking me about tuxes. I often times relish giving him my twisted opinion on various matters. Last time he asked me how to make an omelet. I can't wait for the next opportunity to dole out my sage advice.

--- *a* *o** <**o*g@b***.blackberry.net> wrote:
> 1) Do u think I should buy or rent a tux? Why or
> why not?
>
> 2) If I do buy a tux, I will most likely buy a
> 3-button. Do u think it would look weird with u
> guys wearing a 1-button and me wearing a 3-button?
> or do u think it doesn't matter?
>

1a) a tux is a lifetime investment.
1b) a tux makes a chimp look good.

2) I'm hedging that 3 button suits are going the way of the skinny tie and therefore I purchased a 1 button. Most people look at the adornments anyway and not the jacket or the thickness of the strip running down the leg. Wear a sharp looking vest, bow tie and a nice white shirt and no one will notice that you don't have pants on.

2b) Just kidding about hedging - mine was on sale.

Simon.

2 Comments:

  • simon such a girly man. I'm giving all your damn clothes to goodwill so I can have more than a sliver of closet space.

    By Blogger Fumbling, at 12:09 PM  

  • Look what I have to put up with.

    I'm taking over the other closet and you can have a box.

    By Blogger simonma168, at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free statistics
View My Stats