Yo, Check this out...

Monday, April 18, 2005

Celebrity Poker...

I was on the set of Celebrity Poker Showdown during my last trip to Vegas. It was the slowest f*cking game I had ever seen. I almost gave up poker completely because it was sooo slow. They lured us in for free drinks and a chance to meet some Celebs.

Here was the line up:

- Allison Sweeney Sammy from "Days of our lives"
- Wendy Pepper - the bitch from "Project Runway"
- Camryn Manhiem - the ex-Practice lawyer
- Two other Celebs that I don't recognize because I don't watch enough tv.

We sat there for an hour and watched 3 hands of poker. The real bonus was watching Dave Foley - (Kid's in the Hall). Here's a link to Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Dave Foley But Were Afraid to Ask.

He was piss drunk for the entire taping! That mug that he sips from is NOT coffee. We had to do take after take of him saying the same thing. The first take was a joke that fell apart. The 4th and final take was him saying "Live at the Palms, we'll be right back".

Phil Gordon, the pro poker player in the Tux basically had to laugh at Dave's jokes and antics. But the best part was when we muttered under his breath "I hate my life" on a repeated take over. Phil, we didn't last 60 minutes in there - I think you should get as loaded as Foley.

I didn't even care who won.

Other celebrity sightings at the Palms:
-Dean Cain,
-The guy who plays Tony Almeida from 24,
-and Andy Richter (ok well my friend saw him)

All these celebs in one weekend - but it still doesn't beat the time I saw Keanu Reeves at Crazy Horse II with a bunch of rippers.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free statistics
View My Stats